Configuration Manager Current Branch build version 1710 has been released and it brings quite a few very cool new features. For starters, you now have more customization options for the Software Center. You can add your Software Center specific company name, have no limits on the Software Center color theme, can set a company logo, and even set the visibility of specific tabs.
Customize Software Center in Client Settings
- From the Configuration Manager console, navigate to Administration – Client Settings
- Right-click your device client settings and select Properties or select your device client settings and select Properties from the ribbon
- From the client settings page, check the Software Center checkbox and then select it from the left pane
From the Software Center settings page, customize the following settings:
- Change Select these new settings to specific company information to Yes
- Add a Company name (if you have a logo that already states your company name you may want to leave this blank like I did in the screenshot)
- Set the Color scheme for Software Center – you obviously have more options than before
- Select a logo for Software Center (the logo should be 400×100)
- For the rest of the settings, select if you want the tab in Software Center to be visible or not
- Once finished, click Ok
Once everything updates, your new Software Center should have the new look applied. Another thing to note – and can be seen from the screenshot below – is that the application icons now support 512×512.